Laura Bush’s Texas Cowboy Cookies
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon. baking powder
· 1 tablespoon baking soda
· 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
· 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
· 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
· 3 eggs
· 1 tablespoon vanilla
· 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
· 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
· 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
· 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 16 to 20 minutes
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies (see note below)
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
3. In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
6. For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
7. Bake in 350 F oven 16 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies from rack to cool.
Note: For 6 dozen small cookies, use 2 tablespoons dough for each. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 18 minutes.
Note-- I got this recipe from "Sugar Pie Farmhouse blog". She said you can freeze half of the dough if you don't want to make them all at once. Roll it in a log shape, wrap it up in saran wrap and freeze and use when needed. you can also substitute the nuts, chips and coconut for something else you might like better.